Time & Location
Sep 25, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
St Thomas UMC, Historic District, 8899 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
About the event
Welcome to Mission Extravaganza. Your Missions Council has once again planned some fun and useful projects for our congregation. Please browse the different projects below and note the projects that you are interested in. You may choose as many projects as you like. Click on the link on this page and it will take you to the Signup Genius. Materials will be given out on Sunday, September 25th from 10 AM un 11 AM. Thank you for participating in Mission Extravaganza and being the hands and feet of Christ. Questions can be directed to Cathy Campbell email@example.com. To sign up for a project, click here.
This Year's Mission Extravaganza Projects:
- No Sew Blankets - Kits will be provided and blankets will be given to our Angel Shop and for residents at Manassas Health and Rehab.
- No Sew Scarves - Simple to make. Materials and instructions are provided. They will go to our Angel Shop in December.
- Chemo Kits – Bags are provided and you fill them using the list provided. Shop big box stores, Ollies, Dollar Stores. This does not have to be expensive! These were extremely appreciated last year! We will give you two lists, strongly needed and optional. You choose what to put in them. They will be delivered to UVA Cancer Center in Gainesville.
- Blessing Bags for the Homeless – The Mission Council provides the knapsack with a health kit inside, already packed by our Tweens. You provide single servings of food. Example: tuna with pop top can, granola bars, crackers etc. Full list will be provided with the instructions. You choose what you want to put in the bags. We will be giving these bags out to the homeless.
- Pillow Case Dresses for Little Girls in Africa - Missions provides the materials or you can use your own materials. Many do. Just let us know in the comment section when you sign up. Complete instructions will be included. These dresses are sent to Africa to help prevent little girls from being abused.
- Socktober – October is Socktober. Please donate a package of men’s or women’s white or colored socks to our Community Clothing Closet. Bring as many as you like!
- Thinking of You Cards – Missions provides the cards and we ask that you write an upbeat message to our friends at Manassas Health and Rehab. (Set of 5)
- Volunteer at our Food Pantry - Volunteers are needed to pick up food on weekdays, sort food on week days or to help out on Wednesday or Saturday distribution. Dates to be worked out to your convenience.
- Flood Buckets - The District has asked us to provide at least 4 Flood Buckets to help with the many natural disasters this country has experienced in the recent months. One bucket costs about $75 so we are dividing up the content and asking people to donate one or more items. Items are listed individually on the signup genius. Missions will provided the buckets. If you want to do an entire bucket yourself, please let me know and we will gladly add your bucket to our 4.
To sign up for a project click here.